Being involved in a car accident is often a very frightening and traumatic experience. If you are injured, and the accident was caused by another driver’s negligence, I would love to speak with you and discuss how Abrahams Law can help you. We regularly assist clients in receiving no-fault benefits, such as the payment or reimbursement of medical expenses, wage loss reimbursement, and compensation for someone who helps you with your household chores or your personal needs.

I’m sure you have heard TV lawyers talk about “winning,” or “the win.” They are referring to obtaining a large sum of money, through either a settlement or verdict, to compensate the client for their pain and suffering. This is, of course, why most clients call us in the first place. The process begins by filing a claim against the driver at fault in the accident. But what happens if the person who caused your accident, and your injuries, has no insurance? Although Michigan law requires that all drivers must have insurance on their motor vehicles, it doesn’t follow that all drivers actually carry it.

If you are injured by an uninsured driver, you would still be entitled to your no-fault benefits from your own policy; medical bills, wage loss, household services and the like. But you won’t be able to get that “win;” the large sum of money to compensate you for your pain and suffering because that comes from the at-fault driver’s insurance policy. No insurance; no win.

Fortunately, your insurance company offers something called “Uninsured Motorist” (UM) Coverage. If you have this coverage, it steps in the shoes of the uninsured driver. So, if you have $500,000 of uninsured motorist coverage, and the driver who caused your injury has no insurance, your $500,000 UM covers your pain and suffering claim just as if he had $500,000 in liability insurance! With so many uninsured drivers on the road, you must have this insurance to protect you from those driving uninsured vehicles!

Along with UM coverage, most companies offer “Underinsured Motorist” (UIM) Coverage. So, if you have $500,000 of uninsured/underinsured coverage, and you are injured by someone who does have insurance but a lower limit, such as $250,000, your company will provide the difference in coverage. In this scenario, you would be covered up to $250,000 from the at-fault driver and your policy would pick-up the additional $250,000 to get you to your $500,000 coverage limit.  Please call me for an explanation!

For over 30 years I have dedicated my life to helping accident victims rebuild their lives after sustaining serious injuries in auto accidents due to someone else’s carelessness. You can trust that I will do everything possible to see that justice is served and maximize your recovery. Before you speak with your insurance company, call me so that I can review your case and advise you of the many ways our firm can help on your road to recovery and get you that “win.”

Get Important Information and Legal Tips Straight To Your Inbox!

Abrahams Law Logo